3/14/2017

two for tuesday!

Stella reared her ugly head today in Pennsylvania.  I spent several hours outside shoveling! Ugh!
And I already know I have a 2 hour delay to start with tomorrow! So, I thought I would post tonight too! Hope that's OK! I am thrilled to see my view count.  Today wasn't as high as yesterday, but almost...just a little under 1,000 views! I am humbled and honored even though no one comments! :)
This past weekend I spent the whole entire weekend making cards and these two beauties that I am going to share with you were part of my stack I completed on Sunday morning!

I happened upon this sweet little sketch over at CAS(E) this Sketch! and as I was thinking...in my head I thought... well...if I do this with designer series paper...I need to cut 2 at the same time and I might as well make 2 cards with my cuts! Hopefully, my directions will make sense because it really is a simple card to put together.

I made this one first...
I cut a piece of crumb cake at 41/4X 11 and scored at 51/2.  I did ink the card up a bit with crumb cake classic ink pad.  I took 2 pieces of tasty treats designer series paper and cut them at 41/4X51/2.  You will want to make sure the way you want to lay the papers on the card the designs are both facing up.  Then, I laid them on my cutter diagonally just kind of eyeballing and comparing it to the sketch.  After that, I carefully made 2 more cuts again looking at the sketch to help me to see where I should cut.  Then, I placed the larger piece of paper on my card front first and attached it.  After that it was easy to place the smaller pieces.  Next, I cut out 5 sweet from the sweet cupcake thinlit dies using the tasty treats designer series paper, stacked and glued them together.  Then I stamped hope it was from the sweet cupcake stamp set on whisper white cardstock, cut them a part and placed the sweet and hope it was on the diagonal of the card.  Finally, I wrapped the black baker's twine around the top of the card and tied it in a bow.

And the partner card...
I did the same exact thing for this card but used soft sky cardstock and soft sky classic ink pad!
I also used tasty treats designer series paper to cut out the word sweet on both of the cards.

Here's the supplies I used to make the cards...
SALE-A-BRATION countdown is on! You only have until the end of March to take advantage of all the amazing FREE product that is offered if you purchase $50 worth of merchandise! If you would like to order use this March Host Code... 7JBASVX2 click here to go to my store.  I'll send you a little something something just for ordering from me! 
Thank you so much for stopping by! It truly is an honor to see the number of people who are stopping by to see my work lately! It means a lot to me! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at sandileescraps@gmail.com. 
Have a great rest of your Tuesday !
 I have a very special surprise for you tomorrow for WOW Wednesday!!! 
So, hope to see you again tomorrow!
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
xx